The remains that we have in present times are rather scarce and deteriorated as a result of the agricultural work on the land and also building, both public and private as well as natural erosion. According to the archaeological map done by the Ministry of Education and Culture, there are five deposits, two situated in the country estate of Masnou and the rest in Son Codillo, Son Pontiró and se Velar. Except for the findings and constructions conserved in Masnou, the others mentioned are only the presence of ceramics or pottery on the surface.
Antique History 3500 BC - 900 AD
The year 123 BC, the troops of Cecilius Metelus conquered the Balearic Islands and incorporated them into the Roman Republic. There is not much information available about Consell during the time of the Islamic domination (903-1229). It is known that there was a farmhouse belonging to al juz 'de Qanarusha, an administrative constituency that includes as well as Consell, the present districts of Alaró, Binissalem, Costitx, Lloseta, Santa Maria, Santa Eugenia and Sencelles.
The Middle Ages (IV - XV)
As far as the archaeological Muslim remains are concerned, in the country estate of Masnou there is still a system conserved for the collection of water made up of different constructive elements, such as a well, a "qanat", an irrigation ditch of a medieval fossil track and a washing place. At present these remains are the most important and relevant of the municipality. As far as the Christian conquest is concerned (1229-1232), it must be said that the troops from Catalonia and Aragon controlled the region of Consell, as they also did in the southern part of the Tramuntana Mountain Range, before the conquest of Palma de Mallorca, the 31st of December of the year 1229. Once the Christian domination of the island was consolidated, those who participated in the conquest, shared out the Mallorcan territory amongst themselves.
The Modern Age (XVIII - XX)
During the XIX century, Consell experimented a democratic and urban growth which made the social and economic transformations possible at the end of the century. The population increased from 825 inhabitants (1840), and 1.012 (1.860) and to 1.324 (1910). This demographic growth made the urban nucleus expand in a considerable way, basically as from the second half of the XIX .In spite of this, the population was affected between the years 1860 and 1910, by the demographic crises and by the large quantity of emigration, mainly to South America, which resulted in the agaric crises due to the collapse of the wine market and depression caused by the loss of the Spanish colonies.
The Civil War and the dictatorship of Franco put a stop to the important social and political dynamism of the Second Republic. Social and cultural life in the decades of the 40s and 50s were limited to sports (creation of the Club Deportivo Consell and the Club Ciclista Consell in 1940) and to the activities of the Parish. The four branches of Catholic Action (in girls, youths, men and women) basically, they fostered the theatre, formative action and the apostleship.
During the decade of the eighties a revitalization took place in local politics with respect to the apparition of divergent political tendencies. During the six democratic legislations, the village has been provided with basic infrastructures of a municipality, such as running water and electricity supply, a drainage system, the exploring and inquiry into the well of Son Palou, as well as the creation of a Cultural Centre and a Library.