Is it the first time you are buying a house?
These tips for first-time home buyers are just what you are looking for!
Buying a house is an important decision and, if it’s your first time, without a doubt a big challenge. There are many things to consider and you probably don’t know where to start. Don’t worry, in this post you will find all the things you must take into account before your first acquisition.
Follow these tips and everything will run smoothly:
- Before you begin, make sure you know clearly what you want. There are many options and it´s important that you know what you are looking for. What style of house best suits you, how many rooms you need, in what area, are some of the things that you must decide before embarking on the big adventure.
- Get to know the neighbourhood. New house, new location. Discover the possibilities your new environment offers and decide if they meet your requirements.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover. The same goes for a house. Do not let yourself get carried away only by an exterior, go inside and observe everything you need before making a decision.
Beware of old houses! Make sure everything is in good condition and save yourself unexpected surprises.
- Visit the house as many times as you need. On a first visit it’s hard to see all you need. Emotions are usually the guide of a first visit but with a second one, you will analyse everything more cautiously.
- Get to know your limits. Only you know what you can afford. Visit the houses that fit your budget and focus exclusively on them.
- How will you fund the purchase? Take time to organize funding. It´s an important investment and that´s why you must take special attention to this step. If you need a loan, make sure you know the conditions, if you are going to pay a deposit, make sure it comes within your means.
- Take into account the expenses of the house. When you buy a house, you are responsible for many expenses that from the first moment on, will run from your account. Light, gas, water, community expenses,… It´s important to keep these in mind.
- Make a reasonable offer. When making the offer you can´t just get a number out of the hat. Compare prices and consult with a specialist. A bad offer can get you out of the match before you start the game.
- Check all the documents before signing. Look carefully at the description of the property and penalties, the amount of deposit money needed and the conditions of the purchase. You are not expected to know it all, that’s what professionals are for.
- Count on Nova. We are here to guide you through the process. With the help of a specialist, everything will seem easier.
Follow these 10 tips and your purchase will surely be successful!!